The Walkabout offers a personalized experience and the unique opportunity to get up close and personal with some of the Mendenhall Glacier’s most stunning features.
Helicopter Glacier Photoshoot
- 1-4 Persons
- 5-9 persons
Create a “Mendenhall Memory”
NorthStar Helicopters and Mark Kelley are teaming up to offer an exclusive glacier photoshoot adventure via helicopter. Mark has been photographing the Mendenhall Glacier for over forty years and is one of Alaska’s best-known nature photographers with award-winning landscape and wildlife images famous the world over.
NorthStar will provide safe transport in a state-of-the-art A-Star helicopter. Upon landing, our experienced pilot will guide you and Mark to a private setting featuring the magnificence of Juneau’s backyard glacier for an unforgettable photoshoot.
Life provides so many opportunities for celebration. Whether you are marking a special event such as an engagement or wedding, senior photos, or simply capturing a unique family photo, join us to create your special “Mendenhall Memory”.
What to Bring
- Warm layers
- Long socks
- Face mask
- Sun glasses
Your Photo Package includes…
- Roundtrip helicopter flight to the Mendenhall Glacier. (Approximately 20 min round trip)
- Two hours of glacier time with Mark Kelley
- Mountaineering boots and crampons for glacier travel
- Two (2) 10×15 photo prints
- Four (4) 7×10.5 photo prints
- Six (6) 4×6 photo prints
- Digital images for personal use
NorthStar Helicopters and Mark Kelley are grateful for your support, especially during these unprecedented times!
Please see our FAQ’s page for general information about our tours and safety, here.
- Additional tour times may be available. Call for details.
- Face masks are required for each guest.
- Boots and crampons will be provided for safety, however, glacier trekking will be limited during this photo session.
- This experience can be tailored to meet the specific needs and interests of guests (i.e. extended glacier travel, landings in other locations). Price adjustments will apply.
- This experience is weather-permitting and requires some schedule flexibility.
- All guests must sign a liability release waiver.
- Group size is limited to 4/5 passengers maximum per helicopter (depending on weight and balance).
- Guests must be able to load and unload from the aircraft, as well as walk unassisted on the glacier.
- Weather in Juneau can often be overcast and rainy. Decisions to operate tours are based on safety and tour quality. Should we decide not to operate your scheduled tour we will do our best to reschedule. If this is not possible, you will be refunded in full.
- If **you** cancel your scheduled activity there will be a 10% cancellation fee.