Helicopter Flightseeing and Glacier Landing Tour
- Passenger Ages 2+
Soar above the old-growth trees of the Tongass National Rainforest to the snow-capped Juneau Icefield on this personalized helicopter flightseeing tour. Land on one of the icefield’s stunning glaciers, carefully selected by your pilot, and explore its pristine surface on foot. With viewing opportunities of the glacier’s deep blue crevasess and the surrounding mountain peaks, this tour is sure to be a highlight of your Alaskan experience.
This adventure begins with a short drive from downtown Juneau to our private heliport on Douglas Island. Here, you will be outfitted with glacier overboots, wind/rain protective pants, and a flotation device. Our professional staff will provide a thorough safety briefing before helping you load into one of our A-Star helicopters.
Your pilot will choose one of many scenic routes to fly over the lush Tongass National Rainforest and dramatic mountain peaks surrounding flows of ice. Next, you’ll land on one of the many local glaciers where photo opportunities abound. Your pilot will guide your 30-minute exploration of the surface where you will enjoy discovering the natural features of the glacier. After exploring the surface of the glacier, your pilot will return you on a short, scenic flight back to our heliport. Our comfortable vans will then return you to your pick-up point.
This tour is designed for most ages and physical abilities to enjoy with a light amount of walking over relatively flat to rolling terrain.
- No previous experience is necessary, this tour is suitable for all.
- Participants should be able to stand and walk for 30 minutes
- Enjoy sweeping views of the massive Juneau Icefield and Tongass National Forest on your helicopter flight.
- Experience some of the glacier’s most stunning features as our pilots guide your glacial exploration.
- Spend time taking in the scenery and capturing perfect photos for memories that are sure to last a lifetime.
- Must be at least 2 years old.
- Must be able to walk unassisted for 30 minutes on moderately flat but uneven terrain.
- Due to safety protocol, we do not allow selfie sticks, iPads, or drones on this tour.