This personalized, exclusive tour allows you to experience the life of a professional dog musher, including a deeper look at the history, lifestyle, and techniques of Alaska dog sledding.
The Bucket-list Alaskan Adventure
Upon arrival at our seaside base on Douglas Island, you will be outfitted with glacier overboots and a floatation device. Our professional staff will provide a thorough safety briefing before helping you load into one of our A-Star helicopters.
Your pilot will choose one of many scenic routes to fly you to Dog World, providing stunning views of the Tongass National Forest and Juneau Icefield along the way on your very own Juneau helicopter tour. You might even get lucky enough to spot wildlife or a calving glacier!
Upon landing at Dog World, you will be greeted by your guide, a professional musher with years of experience dog sledding in Alaska. Our guides are eager to share their lifestyle and teach you the basics of dogsled handling and dog commands, along with leading you on an exciting mush for up to two miles.
You will be mushing with Alaskan Huskies born and raised in the interior of Alaska. You will be able to observe, firsthand, how the dogs respond to the tour guides with love, a wagging tail, and an unshakable desire to take guests with them down the trail.
You will have a full hour on the glacier before the helicopters return for your gorgeous flight back to base. There will be a brief opportunity to visit our gift shop and view your dogsledding photos before our comfortable vans escort you back to your pickup location.
Please see FAQ’s page for general information about our tours and safety, here.
- Enjoy a bird’s-eye view of up to four glaciers and the world’s largest temperate rainforest en-route to Dog World.
- Learn the history and basics of dog sledding from professional Iditarod and Yukon Quest dog racers.
- Mush across a snow-capped glacier behind a team of well-cared-for, excitable huskies.
- Must be at least 2 years old to participate.
- This tour operates early May-Late August; subject to change due to snow conditions at Dog World.
- Due to safety protocol, we do not allow selfie sticks, iPads, or drones on this tour.
- Must be able to load/unload yourself into our helicopter using steps.
- Weather in Juneau can often be overcast and rainy. Decisions to operate tours are based on safety and tour quality. Should we decide not to operate your scheduled tour we will do our best to reschedule. If this is not possible, you will be refunded in full.
- If **you** cancel your scheduled activity there will be a 10% cancellation fee.