Join us on this truly Alaskan adventure and experience the magnificence of Juneau’s Norris Glacier through the eyes of an Iditarod musher!
- 1-4 Persons
- 5-9 persons
A Trip of a Lifetime
Join Juneau’s own Mark Kelley on a trip of a lifetime. Mark has been photographing the Mendenhall Glacier for over forty years during his long career as one of Alaska’s best-known nature photographers. NorthStar Helicopters will provide safe transport to and from the glacier in a state-of-the-art A-Star helicopter. One of NorthStar’s experienced pilots will guide you and Mark to their favorite spot on Juneau’s backyard glacier for an experience you will never forget.
Mark Kelley’s award-winning landscape and wildlife images are famous the world over, and this summer Mark offers you the opportunity to own your very own “Kelley.” Mark Kelley will create a Mendenhall memory of your special event, a birthday, an engagement or intimate outdoor wedding, a post-graduation gift, or maybe your annual family portrait session, surrounded by beautiful and deep blue glacier ice features.
This is a special offer during a special time, and available just to you and your family or closest friends. Upon your booking we will confirm with you all the precautions we take to protect our guests and staff. This is your moment to celebrate you and your loved ones.
What to Bring
- Warm layers
- Long socks
- Face mask
- Sun glasses
- Roundtrip helicopter flight to the Mendenhall Glacier.
- Two hours of glacier time with Mark Kelley.
- Mountaineering boots and crampons for glacier travel.
- Two 10×15 prints
- Four 7×10.5 prints
- Six 4×6 prints
- Digital images for personal use
- Boots and crampons will be provided for safety, however, glacier travel will be limited during this photo session.
- This experience can be tailored to meet the specific needs and interests of guests (i.e. extended glacier travel, landings in other locations). Price adjustments will apply.
- This experience is weather-permitting and requires some schedule flexibility.
- All guests must sign a liability release waiver.
- Group size is limited to 4/5 passengers maximum per helicopter (depending on weight and balance).
- Face masks are required for each guest.
- Guests must be able to load and unload from the aircraft, as well as walk unassisted on the glacier.